Re: synchronous motor

In a message dated 8/7/01 2:11:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Cydesho-at-aol.
> com>
>
>  Today I decided to open up my motor and just look things over to make sure
>  there was nothing obviously wrong. I didn't find anything, so I put it
back
>  together. Just to assue myself that it wasn't working, I tested it again
> with
>  the fluorescent bulb, and this time I got four shaded areas on the paper
>  disc. They weren't really obvious, but they were there. And they also
>  remained stationary. It seems that the motor is now runnig synchronously.
Is

>  it normal for the shaded areas to be somewhat blurred?
>                                      Justin

Justin,

YEs,  when observed under fluorescent light, the lines or shaded
areas will be extremely blurred due to the persistence of the
fluorescent phospers.  Undoubtedly, your motor is running sync-ly.
As long as the pattern is stationary.... that's the key.

John Freau