Re: New webPage, torrid and NTS filter Questins.

In a message dated 8/7/01 2:11:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> The maximum discharge length I can get to a copper rod is 24 in. My coil is
>  powered by a 15/60 with a 6.25X26 in secondary and it seems I should be
able
>  to do better then that. I think my torrid is severely over sized. The
Torrid
>  Diameter Tube Center-to-Center is 22 in, the tube diameter is 5.5 inches.
It
>  can only  breakout with a breakout point, the best I found is a 1/4 in
bolt.
>  What would the ideal torrid be for my coil.

Alex,

an optimized coil using that NST and secondary size should
be able to give 60 to 65" long sparks, using a 140V step up
variac.  Sparks will be shorter without the step up variac, but
maybe still be long.  A toroid of 6" x 30" ducting
can be used (or smaller of course).  There is something else
about your coil that is hurting the output.  Perhaps the capacitor
is small, or maybe the gap is overheating, or power-arcing,
or is set too narrow.