Re: To cut or not to cut

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Fred Bultman by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <royaloakmin-at-home-dot-com>

> HI,
>
> I have a pair of GE 30 amp variacs that I am planning on using as the ballast
> for my 10kva pig. Should I have the core cut to prevent saturation? I
know that
> this will ruin it as a voltage control variac. Does anyone have any
experience
> with cut vs. non-cut?
> Thanks,
> Jim Bultman
> G-2
> G-1141

Hi Jim...

dont cut     run them in paralell    if you cut them they may "spring"
apart...  the inner metal
strapping is wound very tightly and cutting them could very well produce a
mess.

Scot D