Re: update: New webPage, torrid and

In a message dated 8/8/01 8:52:30 AM Eastern Daylight Time, FutureT writes:

> Alex, programmers, all,
>
>  Well, you're using a matched or resonant sized cap, so if
>  your spark gap is set narrow, this will limit your output.
>  If you set the spark gap (and safety gap) wide, this may
>  destroy the NST.  By using an LTR value cap, of about
>  .02uF, you can get more power throughput with a given
>  spark gap width.  Your coil has good overall specs.

Alex,

(correcting myself here)
Good specs except for the matched size cap, which if you
keep the spark gap narrow, will limit your spark output.  I
would go with an LTR value cap of about 0.02uF.

Nevertheless, I suspect you may have a gap problem.
I don't remember you mentioning the exact gap construction
or spacing.  Maybe it's at your webpage which I didn't look
at.  If you're not running air over the gap, it may be power-
arcing or running too hot.  Also, sometimes it's better to
use fewer pipes/tubes with wider spacing, etc.  One has to
experiment to find what's best.  Static gaps can be tricky.

I'm assuming that both sides of the NST output are working
OK.

John Freau