RE: Ballast bulk buy trial ballooon

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi All

I have a lot of x-ray transformer laminations of various sizes. In
particular I have enough laminations of size 22.75"L x 4"W to a form a bar
core of size 22.75"L x 4"W x 4"H. I am thinking about making a bobbin that
the core could slide through, and then wind the bobbin with very heavy wire.
Does anyone think that this is a worthwhile approach to build a variable
ballast? The big problems for me would be pulling heavy copper wire tightly
around the bobbin, and constructing a mechanism for sliding the core.

Godfrey Loudner