Re: MMC PCB

Hi Michael,

I would leave at least 1/4 inch between caps.  That will allow for cooling,
explosions, and most importantly, the voltage differences between the caps.
 The thin outer shell of such high voltage caps is not sufficient to
insulate the internal plates from a grounded object sitting next to the
cap.  You need some air space to act as the insulations between caps.  It
gets into how voltages divide across dielectric layers and all that, but
1/4 inch between caps in a string is fine.

The spacing from string to string needs to be pretty large like 1 inch or
more.  If a string is not used, there can easily be surface arcs between
used and unused strings.

Cheers,

	Terry