Re: Diabolico-dot-com

Original poster: "Jeff W. Parisse by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jparisse-at-teslacoil-dot-com>

Dear Ted,

Diabolico went out of business two years after we entered
their market with our Model 8J Tesla Coil System. Like many
manufacturers that attempt to enter the Tesla coil business,
they found out that Tesla coils that stand up to the rigors of
professional use are deceptively difficult to build (and that's
the understatement of the twenty first century).

kVA Effects spent over $20,000 in non-recoupable R&D
expenses and over $40,000 in insurance BEFORE we
ever turned a profit (that took almost five years). Firms
that are not sufficiently capitalized will not last.

Build a better mousetrap and the World will beat a path
to your door. Build a mousetrap that catches on fire and
you'll be in Chapter 11 in no time flat!

I am not proud or happy that Diabolico (and others) have
gone belly up attempting to do what we do. I believe that
competition is good for the f/x industry AS LONG AS...
the competitor in question builds truly QUALITY equipment
and not substandard work sold based on price. The latter
approach has proven not to work.

I leave for Japan tomorrow to rescue a company that
thought it could build a professional quality TC from
information that they gathered here on the TCML.
They have a heap of smoldering parts and a big
hole in their budget. kVA Effects was able to provide
a rental coil and two engineers but the damage to
the HV f/x industry has been done. They made the
mistake that all the information provided in this
forum is a substitute for years and years of
practical experience in show business. The TCML
is many great things, but it is no substitute for
the services that my firm provides.

We would be happy to provide Hangman's House
of Horrors with our services next season as we're
totally booked this season with nine coils running
across the country (and Mexico) for Halloween 2001.

Jeff W. Parisse
Director, kVA Effects
www.teslacoil-dot-com

cc: D'Ann Degan
cc: Robert Mc Broom

> Original poster: "Ted Rosenberg by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Ted.Rosenberg-at-radioshack-dot-com>