Re: Topload and Arcing

Hi Danny, John,

Nope, JavaTC won't calc stacked toroids. However, you could easily
double-up on the
capacitance and use the toroid reduction input, placing it to 50%. The only
program
I trust is E-Tesla6 for stacked toriods. It's been mentioned here and there
on the
list that top C in a stacked toroid would be about 50%. A few months back I
made
measurements with stacked toroids (not identical toroids which I thought would
throw a wrench into the gears), but it didn't. I measured 50% in a stacked
configuration and various spacings (directly stacked all the way up to 16 or so
inches between the two, and E-Tesla6 confirmed my measurements everytime).
Now if I
would have raised both toroids up from the secondary, I would expect that
value to
change, but I didn't think of that at the time.

Take care,
Bart