Re: Secondary

In a message dated 8/16/01 10:21:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> Hi!
>
>  I'm going to make 1000W TC. I plan to make 25.20in high and 4.33in diameter
>  secondary (1035 turns).
>  Is it a good choice? H/D aspect will be 5.82. Is it not too much?

Kamil,

There's nothing wrong with a tall secondary.  A tall secondary is
very good.  Your plan is fine.  I would even make it taller if you have
room.

> I thought
>  about making shorter secondary, but what about turn to turn arcing?

That's why a tall secondary is good.

>  I want
>  to use 4.33in PCV pipe because I have such pipe.
>  My primary will be about 5 turns of 0,25in wire, 0.25in spacing, 15 degree
>  angle saucer.

You can use the 15 degree angle, but it won't help the performance
compared to a flat primary.

John Freau