NE Ohio Teslathon

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Time to start planning for this event, lest lack of
comittment lead to no event at all. I was hoping Marc
Metlica would host this year because he has the
appropriate wilderness and traditional isolation tesla
coilers like to have. But he has said next year he
will try, but me and my neighbor will (hopefully) get
up to his neck of the woods soon anyway.

A kind of funny de ja vu happened last year when Mark
Metlica was demonstrating his coil. My neighbor John,
happened to bring his children by to see the events at
the end, and a couple of days later saw Marks address.
He was actually a freind of Mark's from years ago! I
know John and Mark were also present during the same
time period, but each failed to recognize the other.
So in a way this years event can be like an old get
together. Just an informal gathering of coilers where
everyone is welcome with Southern hospitality, just
come as you are and enjoy the demonstrations and
discussions. I hope everyone that attended last year
can come again, and that some new folks can drop in
also!

Im not going to be so silly to say I will have an
alternator tesla coil demo ready but work is ongoing
towards that possibility. In the least I will have
just a demo of direct resonant voltage rise through
two stages of resonance to power 20 inch neon
discharges as delta and wye loads between phases, from
an ordinary AC car alternator conversion. As I have
noted great problems appeared with trying to
accomplish the same objective using a 3 phase
transformer at those 481 hz frequencies, whereas the
resonant approach does not pose those problems.

First weekend on Sat in Sept sounds good, but not
definite. E mail me off list at harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com if
you plan to attend, or whether the date is good for
your calendar, which more than likely will involve
moving the date ahead some. But lets start planning
now so that this can be done again this year. This
will be in Streetsboro, Ohio, exit 13 on the Ohio
Turnpike, I will email directions as per enquirees.

Sincerely Harvey D Norris.

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/