Alternator Research/Impedance Variances Noted on transformer application.

Original poster: "harvey norris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <harvich-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I have placed a jpeg of the 15.7 KVA 3 phase
transformer attached in reverse application as a step
up transformer to alternator inputs at my message
board indexed below. This was obtained for only 25
dollars at Electronic Surplus in Cleveland Ohio. I
also obtained a smaller and bigger one for less of a
deal. But the deal here now appears to be a rewriting
of hypotheses.

At first I thought that high induction coils
themselves hooked to the outputs were exhibiting wide
variances of impedances. I had assumed that a single
phase output voltage reading of 600 volts to be a high
figure, but neglected to measure the voltages on all
three phases. In reality the adjacent phases read only
200 and 400 volts. This explains why the amperage
consumptions were misinterpreted as widely varying
impedances, when this should not be the case.

The problematic issue becomes the stator outputs, in
the form of WYE, being sent to a DELTA primary, and
then outputed again in WYE secondaries. This is
described as a little used application in the 3 phase
reference sent by  marc metlica to tesla list;
http://www.elec-toolbox-dot-com/usefulinfo/xfmr-3ph.htm

"There are only 4 possible transformer combinations:

Delta to Delta - use: industrial applications
Delta to Wye - use : most common; commercial and
industrial
Wye to Delta - use : high voltage transmissions
Wye to Wye - use : rare, don't use causes harmonics
and balancing problems.
Three-phase transformers are connected in delta or wye
configurations. A wye-delta transformer has its
primary winding connected in a wye and its secondary
winding connected in a delta. A delta-wye transformer
has its primary winding connected in delta and its
secondary winding connected in a wye."

So there you have it, the(emf sourced) input being
wye, the output being wye, with intervening Delta, and
lack of a 4th return wire sure does complicate things.
It says right there that it causes balancing problems,
and this appears very exagerated with the different
voltages appearing on each phase, where the small
inbalances of the inductive loads appear to create a
much greater voltage inbalance at the outputs. Or
perhaps other problems are the culprit.

Amperage consumptions of the three phases when the
supply lines are rotated are noted at message board.
The most paradoxical situation is the arrangement of
supply lines where introduction of a Strontium ferrite
core increases the conduction on only a single phase,
as shown by the noted amperage consumptions.

I cant quite fathom how that can be possible, even
with the given voltage inbalances. Tremendous mental
puzzle that must have a simple apparent answer, yet it
seems so puzzling to be initially considered
impossible. The backwards acting phase appears to act
as a capacitive reactance, when it is obviously the
most inductive of all.

Sincerely Wondering: HDN

=====
Binary Resonant System  http://members3.boardhost-dot-com/teslafy/