From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 2:05 PM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Where to get high voltage diodes?

Original poster: "Garry F. by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<garryfre-at-pacbell-dot-net>

About six months ago (It seems a year), I paid someone on the list for a
high-voltage rectifier circuit. They had made an MMC for me and it works
excellently, and they were talking about how I could have DC voltage and
have an assync gap and I also thought this would be great for preventing
voltage ring-up and so I took them up on the offer and to my dissapointment,
the circuit has never been forthcoming. ;-( I mentioned it three times and
I've decided to give up for two reasons ....

#1 The fellow sent me an MMC that was worth far more than I paid for it even
worth more than what I paid for the MMC after adding in what I paid for the
rectifier.

#2. The individual is just flaking out and I don't want to be a pest about
it any more. He hasn't even cashed the money order.

I guess this further makes the point that for the most part we can trust
each-other to deal honestly with each-other, *but* we are still human and
some of us tend to put things off, sometimes forever.

I hope this note to the list will motivate the person to either build the
thing or just come out and say they haven't the time to build it but I won't
be holding my breath.

This still leaves me without a rectifier and I could just guess around as to
what parts I need, or I could ask here and make sure I get tried and true
parts. (Remember the exploding MMC dabacle?)

I remember I need diodes in wheatstone config, but I think I am forgetting
something else.

The NST is a 12kv/60ma nst. Has anyone any suggestions on parts to get and
how many of these diodes to  put in series? I would guess I would want at
least 15kv of diodes to make sure I have some buffer, but I don't know about
current. Maybe I need several in parallel to distribute the current so as to
reduce over-heating. I just don't know and I don't want to guess around
because I think I would be doomed to guess poorly.

Thanks in advance.