[Fwd: X Rays (belated)

>       I'm not sure but when you run high voltages thru a vacum

        A vacuum being an excellent insulator, voltages don't run thru
        it.

> don't you run the risk of generating x-rays?

        To generate x-rays, one typically accelerates electrons into a
        target.  Acceleration is typically provided by HV (10Kv
        or so minimum), upwards to 'as highs as you can manage' for more
        power.  Electrons can be provided by a filament (as in a common
        vacuum tube) or by field emission, induced by the HV used
        for acceleration.  A certain amount of care in using vacuum
        tubes on Tesla-type secondary voltages is in order, as x-rays
        can be produced.  In fact Tesla experimented with x-ray tubes.

        best
         dwp

(PS:
	Someone has created