NST Safety and grouding

Original poster: "Jim Mora by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jmora-at-blackbird.jetlink-dot-net>

Hello All,

I am new to the list and am in the process of building a 6" coil
initially powered by a 15kv/60ma NST. I have read  many contrary
references regarding RF protection and secondary spark protection. I
have also read NOTHING SHOULD BE GROUNDED except the control panel (-at-
household ground) and the strike ring and secondary base (-at- RF ground).
The concern seems to be potential coupling BTW the primary circuitry to a
secondary streamer of ionized air adding many amps -at- 60 hz /15kv + cap energy
which would likely be lethal if contact was made to anything living
other then Godzilla.  I am planing to build a Terry Fritz NST protection
circuit that depicts the Xformer case grounded to the RF ground, your opinions?

Assuming a RF grounded strike rail, some pertinent
newbie questions follow:

1. Does the RF grounded  NST + Center taped spark also protect against
this scenario?
2. Do most coilers place the NST under the Primary deck?
3. If 2=yes, how do you protect 110v feed from a potential strike at
higher powers?
4. If 2=no, ditto the HV feed lines ( the spark gaps make sense here)?

I have a 20a Powerstatand EMI filter for the control panel.
I am also considering purchasing an isolation Xfomer as well.

I would appreciate you experience on these issues. Next, I'll bug ya
about EMI, pulsed energy across costly electronics, and unhappy
neighbors :-) Sometime the road I'll try to offer something back. Thanks

Wavetuner (Jim Mora)