Re: Primary strikes, was Woohoo

In a message dated 8/28/01 10:45:42 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>  Am now getting close to danger of arc to
>  primary.  Will need to put on a grounded rail above primary for safety.
>  Should it be a complete circle?
>

>  Peace,
>  Ry

Ry,

My sparks very occasionally strike my primary on my TT-42
TC, but I don't worry about it.  A lot of folks let the arcs strike
the primary and don't worry about it.  It only very rarely causes
any problem.  A strike ring should not be a complete circle.
Another method to deal with primary strikes which I like but
haven't tried, is to put a sheet of plexiglas over the primary.
I think this gives a cleaner appearance than a strike ring.
Folks have reported fantasic results using this method.

John Freau