Re: VTTC Voltages?

Original poster: "Ron Hubbard by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <hubbard_ron-at-hotmail-dot-com>

>From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>Subject: Re: VTTC Voltages?
>Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 12:13:25 -0600
>
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
><Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>
>
>In a message dated 8/28/01 10:48:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:
>

> > Original poster: "Ron Hubbard by way of Terry Fritz
><twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <
> > hubbard_ron-at-hotmail-dot-com>
> >

> > Does anyone know what kind of maximum voltages a 2kW, 833A-powered
>vacuum
> > tube Tesla coil could put out?
> >
> > Thanks.
>

>Hi Ron,
>         RCA says 3300 V natural cooling, 4000 V forced air cooling for
>ICAS
>Class C power oscillator.
>" With forced air cooling, an air flow of 40 cfm from a 2" diam. nozzle
>directed vertically on the bulb between grid and plate seals is required to
>limit the temperature between these seals to 145C (293F)."  source= RCA
>Transmitting Tubes (tech manual TT-5).
>
>Hope this helps,
>Matt D.

Uh, thanks for the info, Matt, but that's not exactly what I had in mind. I
meant, what kind of voltages could a vacuum tube Tesla coil produce when
working right-- 25 kV, 50 kV, 150 kV? And are the voltages from a VTTC
comparable to those produced by a spark gap coil?

Ron