Re: Latest WCSTSG

Original poster: "Jason by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Rww (real name???) and Terry,

> You can solve two problems with a single solution.  An enclosed box acts
like a
> drum and the sound resonates and is amplified. Make your enclosure without
> bottom and expose the open bottom to the floor.  Another redesign.

Not neccesarily. Think of a speaker cabinet, designed NOT to resonate. If
you want to biuld the whole thing into a box, then it is a very good idea
because it will cut down the sound immensely, especially if you tack some
foam to the bottom.

> Sound is directional and if you direct it at the floor there is an amazing
> reduction.  For best effect, vary the height and put a rug or some kind of
> sound absorber below.  You can cut the noise in half.
> The noxious fumes may also escape.

Possibly, but I would go for a thick (1" MDF) box with a couple of blower
fans in it

My $0.02

Regards,
Jason