Re: TSG questions

Hi Robert,

Nah, they didn't miss it. They know the trigger ionizes the gap. But, at high
power (of which I consider 5kva and up), electrodes heat up and ions linger
around. Without an extravagant beefy static gap, a lot of things go wrong
(electrode erosion from excessive heat and clearing out ion density which leads
to eratic (early/late) firing, power arcing, and eventually a failure either
mechanically or electrically). That's mainly where the concern is when running
high powered static gaps.

--
Barton B. Anderson
<http://www.classictesla-dot-com>http://www.classictesla-dot-com