Coil Coatings

Original poster: "MakingLightning by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <makinglightning-at-home-dot-com>

Hi Guys,
I just got done coating an 8" coil with epoxy.
While it was curing, large bubbles would form and if I blew on them, they
would go away.
When everything was said and done, it looks beautiful and I know it is hard
because my coil took a fall to the basement floor and I can not tell where
there is even a scratch.
But when I look real real close, it looks like there are very very tiny
bubbles at the level of the wire coating, not in the middle of it, or near
the surface that you touch, just deep in it.
What causes this? The big bubbles, which I don't really care about because
they disappear, and the tiny ones? I used a slow hardener. This is epoxy
used for boats, Westco brand.
I know my next question has been gone over in the past, but I am wondering
what everyone's favorite coating is as of now?
I hate polyurethane and acrylic turns out to be brittle and these epoxy
bubbles drive me crazy but it seems the hardest and prettiest. I did use
Behr build 50 on one of my 4" coil years ago and really can't remember how
that compares to these now and what exactly that coating was.
I am practicing coatings on a couple 8" coils for a small TC and want to get
things perfect before I go on to coating my 18" coil. So I would like to
hear other peoples input before I coat the next 8"er.
Kevin