From: Tesla list [mailto:tesla-at-pupman-dot-com]
Sent: Saturday, December 01, 2001 11:49 AM
To: tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject: Panel and bench mounting of variacs?

Original poster: "Jonathan Peakall by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jpeakall-at-mcn-dot-org>

Hi All,

I have 2 questions about hooking up my variacs.

1) What is the difference between panel and bench mounting? The variac
diagram
shows using different input and output terminals depending on whether it is
panel or bench mounted. What's up with that?

2) No matter what terminals I end up using, the capacitor for the variac
should
be connected across the mains, right?

Thanks again again,

Jonathan Peakall