RE: Calculation of tank cap

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Alan

Jim has a schematic that explains the configuration for four transformers at
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux/hv/xfrmr1.htm , and his web sight is at
http://home.earthlink-dot-net/~jimlux . You just have to get the phasing right.
The extra winding does not interfere with anything if you do not attach the
cap. These are unique HV transformers and you might need the extra winding
in the future. I would not cut off the extra winding. If you are going ahead
with your configuration, I would look into getting or building an extreme
isolation transformer to place between the service mains and your proposed
power supply. The history of these transformers point out that two in series
with a resonant tank cap makes for one heck of a tesla coil power supply.
Much more about these transformers can be found by going to
http://www.pupman-dot-com and typing H&R transformers into the search engine.

Godfrey Loudner