Re: interesting ARC's

Original poster: "Jason Petrou by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <jasonp-at-btinternet-dot-com>

Hi Pjj

> When i have a grounded rod the sparks come from the tip of the wire befor
> they connect, like 12-15 inches, i'm thinking (correct me if i'm wrong)
that
> this is from "stray" voltage, like the guy whos variac kept zapping him
> (sorry i forgot who)

I am that guy... not sure, basically the TC is pulling charge off the ground
rod and thats what you see comping off the ground rod. I dont think its like
my... symptoms though :o)

> aother question does the STSG work well with MOT's or will it still keep
the
> acr 'alive'?

They work OK but because MOTs use such high current I would prefer a rotary

Best R,
Jason

Geek #1139 Rank G-2
www.thegeekgroup-dot-org