Solid sate ideas

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Fucian-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi all, (its me again, lol )

Would a colorburst crystal work with a solid state coil?My engineering
teacher sugested it saying it only needs a + & -  input and it gives a pulsed
output at a given frequency?Could that work as the pulse modulator?

Also, about tuning; For a SSTC do I tune like a conventional coil by tapping
the primary?Or can i just trust that the pot setting with greatest spark
output is the "Hot spot"?

Matt