Re: I Think I Messed up!

Original poster: "Gregory Hunter by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ghunter31014-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Good idea. If you use a bigger tank cap, you can get
tuned up with fewer turns.

Another possibility is to add some more turns. You
might even be able to "hide" a few extra turns
underneath the existing primary. If I were doing it,
I'd coil 3 or 4 turns of #4AWG THHN plastic insulated
wire from Lowe's or Home Depot, and suspend it
underneath and coaxial with the existing coil. You
could secure it to PVC stand-offs (1/2" couplers
perhaps?) with plastic cable ties. You don't need any
taps on this add-on coil. Do the tuning with the bare
turns up top.

Take heart--this is fixable.

Greg
http://hot-streamer-dot-com/greg