Re: "black stuff"

Hi Dave -

Yes, cleaning is required. My problem was running at high power levels with
Cu. Cleaning
was frequent. Once I built over to a G10/tungsten sync gap, I never went
back and won't.
Even though I built a RQ style trigger gap, I only used the tubing for
heatsink purposes
and tungsen for the electrodes.
--
Barton B. Anderson