Re: Horizontal TCs?

> > Although possible, usually as twin coils in the shape of two Tesla
> >  coils back-to-back, this is uncommon. Are you sure that you are not
> >  thinking in an induction coil?

	Not so uncommon.  Many of the early books (for example, Curtis' "High
Frequency Apparatus" describe a horizontal coil with primary at the
middle, and terminals on top.  I have a 1950 edition of the Cenco
catalog which offers exactly the same thing.  The other possibility, of
course, is two separate vertical coils excited by the same primary
waveform.  My nephew's honors science class (highschool) built such a
coil which gave 6 foot sparks using one of the 0.025 ufd capacitors
obtained here several years ago, and two 15 kV, 60 ma transformers in
parallel.  Don't remember what kind of gap they used, but sure it was
some simple static one.

Ed