chapter two (emergent update, no emergency)

Original poster: "maykrug by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <mf31-at-qwest-dot-net>

for anyone who's been following this thread, a little progress report.

changed the sg bolts to eight 2" lengths of 3/4" copper pipe, arcing in the
bucket cap.
helical coil worked great, nice 8" arcs off the top of the secondary, (not
the toroid) straight
to the top winding of the primary, positioned about half way up the
secondary, with 3"
between. could probably have elevated the secondary, (where bottom is level
with top).
but it seemed less hassle to just make a flat spiral, so i did.
now we're not arcing to the primary anymore, with about 12" blue streamers.

gotta focus on the capacitor problem.
some protection circuitry, (i've seen a couple nice suitcase plans out
there) maybe some sound advice
is warranted here.
i'm attempting to work with the contents of my garage, i.e. a couple boxes
of flourescent ballasts,
couple microwaves, big t.v. etc..._sounds like an idea for a list :-)) maybe?

thanks
dan