Re: topload (weight critical) for multi coil setup

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/8/01 10:59:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Hi Jim,
>
> It is 20 inches in dia. and weighs 6 pounds.  I assume the weight would
> extrapolate to smaller balls.  There is a 1/4 in vent hole drilled in the
> end and the metal looks about 0.015 inch thick.  Apparently, the two halves
> were either stamped or spun and welded together.  Then it must have gone
> onto a big ball polisher.  There is a subtle seem.  It does not look plated
> but rather solid stainless steel.  The metal seems very hard but I have not
> dropped it yet to be sure ;-)
>
> It was drop shipped from Michael Gordon Ltd., 1030 N. Lake, Spokan
> Washington 99212.  When I ordered mine form Waterscapes (real nice people),
> it was back ordered so it took three weeks to get here.  Judging from the
> box, I would say it is made overseas since it does not have US container
> quality stamps on the box and the cardboard is not USA pulp (I wish I
> didn't know how to notice things like that :-)).  It is extremely nice!  I
> shudder to think what a machine shop would charge :-))  Easily worth every
> penny.  I see they are still only $130.  :-))
>
> Cheers,
>
>    Terry

Terry,

Interesting, the address of Michael Gordon Ltd. is probably less than a mile
from my business location.  I should stop in and talk to them.  What do they
sell?  Is it stainless steel spheres?  For what application (other than
toploads)?  Are they some kind of ornamental object for the garden?

Ed Sonderman