Re: How to explain what a Tesla coil is....

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 12/11/01 11:44:26 PM Central Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

> You will also be asked "What is it good
>  for?". Be honest and say "practically nothing".

JFK never wanted to hold the babies that people were always pushing into
the arms of the presidential candidate. On one occasion he remarked "nice
baby, we will know more later."

Our hobby is frequently the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake.
What good is a Tesla coil? "Nice baby, we will know more later."

Cheers,
Ralph Zekelman