Re: How to explain what a Tesla coil is....

> > > You will also be asked "What is it good
> > >  for?". Be honest and say "practically nothing".

	Sounds like my wife!  Answer is that they provide lots of entertainment
for we grownup kids!  On a much higher intellectual plane than drinking
beer and watching baseball or football games..........

> I like to explain that Tesla Coils are about as useful as fireworks, but
> both are a ton of fun.
>
> KEN

	In my early days of playing with TC's (circa age 15-16) the only other
guys I knew who did the same also were much interested in playing with
explosives of all kinds.  In later years I have found that quite a lot
of my friends with technical interests followed the same path.  I love
big bangs and still shoot muzzle-loading rifles and pistols on a regular
basis.

Ed