Re: TSG + Ignition Coils - was Ed's Quadrac Driver

Original poster: "Paul Arrowsmith by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <p_t_arrowsmith-at-hotmail-dot-com>

Matthew,
Here in Oz I am getting plenty of spark from a single standard coil.
Using a fan controller/dimmer I had 2 problems, 1. not enough phase range
and 2. at the end of adjustment where the preformance was best my earth
leakage circuit breaker pops out after about one second. I think this is
because the ignition coil is not isolated and leakage current is causing a
unbalance in the neutral and active wires, this could be overcome by a
isolation transformer on the mains. But I have decided to solve both these
problems by using the 0 Volt crossover detect circuit. I have just built it
up and it works good but have not yet run it with my coil.
Paul A

http://photos.msn-dot-com/support/worldwide.aspx