Re: TSG with DC?

Original poster: "Luc by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <ludev-at-videotron.ca>

Hi Matthew,

I think a horn gap will be to slow to quench as you mention, a
little faster way could be this set up used to quench HV switch (
no sure if it's really faster ) How it's work ? After the bang
the arc is force to seri of thin metal plate these plate divided
the arc in many smaller arc and help to cool them, like in multi
copper coupling SG. I saw this design in the book Gaseous
Conductors by Cobine.

  | | | | |

 O         O   < main electrodes
      |        < trigger electrode

   /\   /\
   air flow

Excuse the asci art it's my first try ;-)

Cheers,

Luc Benard

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Matthew Smith by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <matt-at-kbc-dot-net.au>

> Hi Folks
>
> Just thinking aloud - how about a triggered horn gap (a la Jacob's
> Ladder) - aren't they meant to be self-extinguishing?  Or would the
> quench be too slow to stop the arc before the next pulse comes along?
>
> Cheers
>
> Matthew Smith

snip