Re: Single vs Twin TCs

In a message dated 12/19/01 8:20:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

Steve,

I would say the twin gives longer sparks because it must be
thought of as two separate coils each using 1/2 the total
power.  If you calc it for one coil, then double the power
and spark length, you'll come out with an answer that gives
about a 40% longer spark for the twin.  It's because of
the square law for power vs. spark length that this occurs.

In a twin you're really running two coils, each giving sparks
1/2 the total length, and each using 1/2 the total power.

Cheers,
John