capacitance on underground powerlines

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com>

Hey all,

I've been thinking about the underground utility HV power
lines that I've seen going down a pole in a conduit into the
ground. I'm aware that if you run a HV conductor with an
oppositely charged outer jacket that there will be a certain
amount of capacitance that will be imposed upon the "hot"
HV conductor,which is directly proportionate to the length of
the run of  the wire. I realize that this isn't exactly on-topic, but
this principle would apply to my coil setup, since I run my HV
transmission line from my pole pig to my coil assembly
via heavily insulated wire ran thru a grounded flexible Ro-
mex conduit to protect the transmission line from streamer
strikes. Anyway, as a non-engineer, i was just curious about
this issue.

David Rieben