Another question

Original poster: "Chris by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <chris-at-atomic-pc-dot-com>

Hi,

Can someone explain to me, in non-EE terms, how the voltage in the TC
primary can rise so high above the power transformer's rated output?
Doesn't there have to be some extra induction taking place?  What causes
it?  3 inch lightning bolts inside the capacitor box when I'm running
"only 10 kV" are still puzzling me.  They sound like firecrackers going
off  ... though I didn't yet go out and try closer spark gap settings...

Thanks,
Chris