Re: varied neon sign transformer

Hi Jesse,

You "can't" have too much power! (he he he :o))

With a variac, you can easily control the power as you wish.  You simply
turn it up till your coil looks like it might explode or something :-))
Your ratio of input to output voltage is basically correct but it can get
"complex".  However, safety gaps will protect you from making any really
bad mistakes.  Simply set up a second set of gaps that fire at the full
rated output of your NST with nothing else connected.  If things go "bad",
this second set of caps will protect your coil from serious damage.

Cheers,

	Terry