new power supply

Original poster: "J Whyte by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <xoom321-at-hotmail-dot-com>

I have aquired some old photocopier transformers that run
4.5 KVAC -at- 450mA, however they are cheaply made and gets hot very quickly!
The insulation also began to flake off too!!

So I have switched back to MOT's again. The insulation on MOT's can
withstand 2.5X the secondary output, as far as I can tell. I have linked 4
(LARGE kW) MOT's in series to produce 16 KVAC RMS -at- **HUGE CURRENT** and is
drawing 5-6 kW, and so far its working well under transformer oil.

(My new tesla coil)

I have aquired an 8" diametre secondary, it currently stands 40" tall and
has been wound with single base 27 GA magnet wire to 35". I'm guessing it
has over 2000 turns on it!!.....I also have homebuilt a Poly cap.....with
thin walled buckets.

MAN, DO THEY EVER STORE A CHARGE....on my single OBIT cap tester, I need ear
plugs!!! IT SOUNDS LIKE A CANNON going off!!