wood RSG

Original poster: "Mr Gregory Peters by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <s371034-at-student.uq.edu.au>

I am having difficulty finding some cheap epoxy/fibreglass sheet to use
for a RSG. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried using well dried
and prepared plywood? While it isn't the best insulator, I would
imagine that a polyurethane coated disc of about 10-12" diameter would
probably insulate well enough. Another plus is that high grade plywood
can be very strong and is probably better at handling high temperatures
than most plastics. It is also cheap and easy to work with. You could
even impregnate the wood with polyurethane/acrylic/epoxy, etc using a
vacuum. What do you think?

Cheers,

Greg Peters
Department of Earth Sciences,