Re: wood RSG

Hi Greg,

I think it will work.  You would want to go for 1800 (1500) RPM as opposed
to the fast 3600 RPM gap speed.  You should also try to use the smallest
diameter you safely can which will reduce vibration and centrifugal forces
considerably.  You may have to play with little weights to balance it and
such.  Of course, you definitely want a shield around it incase it gives way.

Unless the humidity is very high were you are, the wood rotor should not be
a problem since the rotor conductors tend to operate near ground potential.
 One person even has a grounded metal rotor with zero insulation.

If you can true it on a lathe it should run perfectly.  Even if you cut it
out (like I do :-)) at 1800 RPM you can get away with a lot.

"I think" it will work fine.

Cheers,

	Terry