RE: Solid State Tesla Coil Book Available

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hello Ed.

Yep, the exercise is located on page 239 of Smythe's book "Static And
Dynamic Electricity". One exercise gives the hint on how to perform R-
separation of Laplace's equation, the next exercise is about the needed
potential outside the torus, and finally the exercise on the capacitance of
the torus. The formula given in the exercise has a different form than that
of Moon and Spencer, but the two are the same using some identities between
Legendre functions. Well I'm surprised silly that what I wanted to know was
in a book I had in my possession.

BTW do you know where I can get a copy of Rosa and Grove's book "Formulas
and Tables for the Calculation of Mutual and Self Inductance, Bureau.
Standards Bull., Vol. 8, No. 1, pp 1-237, Jan. 1, 1912. Every time I try
interlibrary loan, I get Grover's book "Inductance Calculations" from Van
Nostrand Press. I can't make interlibrary loan understand that I want the
Government book. I know I saw such a book when I was a teen. It was an
oversize book with a light blue cover. The library lost all those blue books
when the basement was flooded by a super rain storm. I did not know about
inductance then, but I was fascinated by all the elliptic integrals
appearing in the book. Also I liked the interesting drawings of coils. As
useless as many people think they are, I must see those exact expressions
for inductance's.

Godfrey Loudner