Re: photocopier transformers mystery solved!

Original poster: "G by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bog-at-cinci.rr-dot-com>

>Ahhh, I finally solved the mystery of those 5 Kv 300 mA transformers! They
>are for military radio applications, they are quite similar to MOT's,
>sometimes the same transformer is used in INDUSTRIAL sized microwave ovens
>with 2 in parallel with 240 VAC input.

We have some 2200 W ovens where I work. I'd love to hook one of those
xfmrs to my DC tank...  Would one expect them to be a higher voltage
or higher current than the average MOT?

Happy New Year,
Gregory