RE: Big Spark Induction Coil

Original poster: "Loudner, Godfrey by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <gloudner-at-SINTE.EDU>

Hi Kurt

Your homebrew induction coil is really cool. When I was a young teen, a EE
professor gave me one that was larger than your homebrew outfit. It was used
in classes on transmission lines. The spark would jump over a foot. I don't
have that induction coil anymore. Maybe I can get it back by building a
scaled up version of your outfit. I think I have the materials in storage.
I'll be eagerly awaiting your theory notes so I can begin a design. I always
wanted to build one, but there seemed to be a lack of design procedures in
the literature. Perhaps your theory notes will eliminate the time consuming
hit and miss method. After winding that many pancake coils, you want to hit!

Godfrey Loudner