Re: electrocution experiences

Original poster: "bob golding by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <yubba-at-clara-dot-net>

hi all,
    I did a variation on the fluorescent tube trick with my  4" coil. once
I was holding a 8 foot tube  by the end of the tube and pointed it the coil.
I  bit me! I then realised that they have a conductive  strip of wire  going
down the tube. bit me hard enough to not want to go near a running coil
with a  grounded rod again. now  stay well back with  my hand always on the
variac and lots of space between me and  the coil. play safe kids . you
might not get two chances and it would really  p**s off the rest of us  as
well if you kill yourselves.
cheers
 bob golding