Re: Electric Lobster

Original poster: "Alex Crow by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <user-at-alexcrow.clara-dot-net>

Hear hear.

Isn't the whole idea of the hobby/research that it's *fun*? Why would anyone
bother if there wasn't some form of excitement and intrigue. Perhaps the
general atmosphere of amusement and surrealism may have inspired people to
ask questions rather than the case of some stuffy teacher who puts the kids
off science and engineering for ever, and, indeed may cause intimidation. I
know why *I* started - I wanted the joy of constructing something, and of
course the almost feral thrill of generating a display more powerful and
inspiring than I'd ever managed before.

Science is not just text and theory, it consists equally as much as the arts
of conjecture, opinion, debate and *inspiration*. Every field of human
endeavour is a process of discovery and learning, for the individual as well
as society. All aspects are to be gained from!

I know it's easy to become jaded and cynical, but I've always promised myself
I'd never lose just a tiny fraction of naivete, and use it to good measure...

Thanks,

Alex Crow