Re: DArN CAPACITORS (author's response to John)!

Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

John,
I have had my coil running on an old oil burner ingnitor. One of five 23ma
10000v ingitors that i paid ten dollars for. The longest free arcing spark
(not to grounded wire) was about 6 inches. It was a thin wiggling purple
spark, one of many smaller ones crawling around the topload. This was done
with a 7 wine bottle salt water capacitor. i have since blown every one of
those transformers one by one. When i had them, i did not know that they
could be paralelled to boost amperage. The spark length i want is not yet
determined nor is it important. The key to winning this science fair is
impressiveness. Sparks must be very long and loud!!! But it still needs to
be safe, an easily attainable feature. Danger High voltage, do not touch!;
the sign will read.
My coil is very nice and presentable. The stand is mointed on wheels and it
is built with oak. I stained it varnished it and varnished it some more. No
imperfections on the secondary whatsoever. It took me about a month to
build. My primary needs to be redone. I had an inverted saucer style pri but
i want to have a pancake style pri.