POTENTIAL OR DISTRIBUTION? *help*

Original poster: "Drew Murray by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <drewallmighty-at-hotmail-dot-com>

OK,
What is the difference between a Distribution transformer and a potential
transformer? I have to call surplus managment at N.B power tomorow with my
decision on which transformer i want. These transformers are new and they
will give me any one of them for free. There is only one problem, the only
XFMRs they have that i can get for free or very little are potential
transformers. I have really only heard of distribution transformers here on
the mailing list. What is the difference between the two and how are
potential transformers different than NSTs or OBITs?
                                                   Up here in Canada,
                                                    Drew Murray