Re: Ancient Rectifiers

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <Mddeming-at-aol-dot-com>

In a message dated 2/1/01 10:46:56 AM Eastern Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

> Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <
> Parpp807-at-aol-dot-com>
>
> Are you referring to Tungar or Rectigon gas filled rectifiers?
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph Zekelman

I don't know. There is no label except for the Machlett. However, other
Tungar tubes I have are smaller and bulb shaped, while  these are ~12 in.
x~2in cylinders with a HEAVY, internally threaded terminal on top. I would
hate to try finding their capabilities by toasting one.

Matt D