Re: Electric Lobster

Original poster: "Jim Lux by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <jimlux-at-earthlink-dot-net>

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tesla list" <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
To: <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2001 6:53 AM
Subject: Re: Electric Lobster

> Original poster: "Jamie Mereness by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <mereness-at-dti-dot-net>

> To terminate a discussion that evolved from innocent enthusiasm to
> intolerant dismissive
> presumption; NO ONE I KNOW HAS EVER HURT A LIVING BEING FOR TESLA
> ENTERTAINMENT.  We "re-heated" a
> lobster, but even the poorly-worded foxnews-dot-com article explicitly stated
> that the lobster was
> pre-cooked.

ummm.. I think that should be ever "deliberately" hurt a living being...

More than one of us has been accidentally(and, fortunately, nonlethally)
zapped, and sometimes this results in great amusement for the bystanders, in
the "slipping on a banana peel" sense..

Also "living being " is a pretty all inclusive term.  I suspect that my wife
would prefer if I could zap the moths and spiders with the TC (although she
would probably prefer I do it the old mechanical way).

However, we shouldn't let this devolve into a discussion of taxonomic
discrimination (OK, now... let's see, we'll say that zapping inverterbrates
is ok, but vertebrates are verboten.... But what about sentient clusters of
microorganisms??? )  This is an area that ethicists spend many many years
discussing.