Re: Merging copper tubing for Primaries

Original poster: "Barton B. Anderson by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <tesla123-at-pacbell-dot-net>

Hi Bart Mc,

I did exactly as you, except I sweat soldered. I cut a 1.5" length of solid
copper wire (#6)
which fit inside the 0.375" primary tubing. Butted the ends together and
used a torch to solder
together. Works great. Of course, crimping will also work but the the crimp
may come loose over
time and handling, so I would suggest soldering with a torch. Then, simply
sand off any solder
bumps should you have any.

Regards,
The other Bart

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "Bart by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>"
<bmcguyer-at-houston.rr-dot-com>