Re: Update on level shifter problem

Original poster: "Dr. Duncan Cadd by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <dunckx-at-freeuk-dot-com>

Hi Weazle, Deano, Dave et al!

Date: 03 February 2001 04:46
Subject: Update on level shifter problem

>Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry
Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

This is indeed bizarre.

<snip>

>I have no way of measuring the caps, but I'll try to
scrounge up
>another identical pair and substitute them.

I assume that you're using the standard 1uF or so caps from
the original ovens?  If so, barring a defective cap, I'm at
a bit of a loss.

If not, and if the caps aren't defective in some way, the
only thing which comes to mind is that the ratio between the
values of the caps in the rectifier circuitry and the total
tank capacitance may be too low, but it hardly seems likely.
Sounds as if you measured the output without the tank
connected anyway.

Does removing the filter caps make any difference?
Doorknobs have been known to die before now (as the old
saying doesn't quite go ;-)

Dunckx